Port Adelaide, SA
- Full-time Fixed Term ending 30/06/2020
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
- Salary packaging benefits (tax-free not-for-profit)
- Training & development provided
A career at UnitingSA offers exciting rewards and opportunities for anybody wanting to make a difference to their community. Our work environment encourages employees to grow professionally and personally, motivating them to do great things.
Our employees are integral for delivering quality services and we are committed to their personal and professional development.
UnitingSA provides community services which improve the quality of life for aged, unemployed and homeless people, families, children, youth, people with a mental health disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Located at Western Adelaide Homelessness Service in Port Adelaide, this position will report to the Coordinator of our Duty Intake & Assessment Team, and may require the successful applicant to work across teams. The role requires skills in providing intake and assessment, advocacy and holistic case management to clients from a diverse range of backgrounds. This role will operate within a crisis intervention framework, aimed at supporting individuals and families gain accommodation, link with specialist services and break the cycle of homelessness.
Key responsibilities include:
- provide high quality case management services to the client group
- provide high quality services to meet the individual needs of clients and internal and external customers
- provide responsive and client-focused services, by encouraging active client participation, self-development and individual learning outcomes
- the ability to work with people with multiple and complex needs;
- the ability to work as part of a team, and in partnership with the other agencies involved with the Program which include the Assessment Team, Mental Health Services, SA Housing Authority and Allied Health Services
To be successful in the role you will have:
- appropriate tertiary qualifications (Degree in Social Work, Education, Youth Work or equivalent preferred)
- experience working with individuals and families with multiple and complex needs within the Homelessness sector
- current DHS Working With Children Check
- current Child Safe Environments certificate
- current Driver’s Licence
We aim to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our clients and to improve equal employment opportunity for our employees.
Applications Close: midnight Monday 4th November
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: